Thyroid is an endocrine gland and appears like a butterfly in shape. It’s located in the front side of your throat. The Thyroid hormones are secreted by this gland. These hormones function for controlling the metabolism rate of your body. The functioning of liver, heart, muscles and brain also depend on these hormones. Hence, Thyroid is one of the most important glands that controls the entire human body functions.
Common symptoms of Thyroid
- Fatigue and Weakness
- Weight gain and hard to lose weight
- Tendency for constipation
- Tendency to feel depressed
- High intolerance to cold
- Coarse, brittle or lustreless hair
- Dry, scaling, flaking skin (e.g. cracked heels)
- Brittle, splitting, curved or ridged nails
- Rounded puffy face
- Puffy around eyes or droopy/baggy eyelids
- Thinning or loss of outer third of eyebrows or poor hair growth on lower legs
- Fungal infection in nails or peeling/splitting of skin between toes
- Redness to skin on front of neck
- Swollen/puffy ankles or legs
Ayurveda Treatments for Thyroid
The Thyroid’s function in metabolism relates to Agni both within the gland as the T3 and T4 hormones and at the cellular level as it kindles the Agni within the cells.
Based on this understanding, food, medicines and treatment procedures with Appetizing (Deepana), Digestive (Pachana), Hot (ushna), Penetrating (theekshna) ,Minute (sukshma), Scraping (Lekhana) qualities would be beneficial.
ThyroidCure Program at Vedic Sutra involves 5 Steps Preparation, Accumulation, Elimination, Lubrication and finally Rejuvenation of the body through Techno-Ayurveda combination via Marma Therapy, PEMF therapy, Shockwave therapy and Potli resulting into 10 Times faster impact.
Common symptoms of Thyroid
- NadiPriksha – is an ancient Ayurvedic Technique of diagnosis through pulse. It can accurately diagnose physical, mental and emotional imbalances as well as diseases.
- Marma Therapy – Marma Therapy is the doorway” into the body and consciousness. It removes blocks in energy channels called shrotas and pacifies vatadosha, and bring it to its normal path-especially vyanavata (sub-dosha which controls the autonomic nervous system).
- PEMF (Pulse Electro-Magnetic Field) Therapy – Results in higher energy and quicker healing by fine tune your body’s cells to perform more effectively.
- Shock wave therapy – Non-invasive treatment which promotes the rapid healing of injured tissue, bone and joint.
- Potli (PitraPindaSweda) – PitraPindaSweda is an important process of panchakarma, the well known ayurvedic detoxification treatment.
- Steam Bath –Produces great result as heat and steam allow medicated oils to seep into body and nourish them from inside.
- Ayurvedic Medicines
- DNA Based Diet
- Yoga & Meditation